JOB TITLE: Partner Solution Architect
LOCATION: Los Angeles Greater Area (Hybrid Role)
Sunbit builds financial technology for real life. Our technology eases the stress of paying for life’s expenses by giving people more options on how and when they pay. Founded in 2016, Sunbit offers a next-generation, no-fee credit card that can be managed through a powerful mobile app, as well as a point-of-sale payment option available at more than 20,000 service locations, including 1 in 3 auto dealerships, optical practices, dentist offices, veterinary clinics, and specialty healthcare services. By introducing a flexible way to pay over time, we are proud of our ability to lift up service providers and retailers while helping consumers when necessary expenses arise... regardless of whether they were expected or unexpected. Sunbit was included on the 2022 Inc. 5000 list. The financial technology company has also been named as a Most Loved Workplace®, Best Point of Sale Company, and as a Top Fintech Startup by CB Insights. We use cutting-edge innovations in financial technology to bring leading data and features that allow individuals to be qualified instantly, making purchases at the point-of-sale fast, fair and easy for consumers from all walks of life. We create value focused on our core values; we work tirelessly to ensure that Sunbit becomes available to everyone, everywhere.
Sunbit is proud to be recognized on the CB Insights List of Unicorn Companies, with a valuation of $1.1B. (https://www.cbinsights.com/research-unicorn-companies)
The Partner Solution Architect demonstrates to Sunbit’s prospective customers how its solutions will address their business needs. This role is responsible for managing all product partner activities with Sunbit’s Partners and will work closely with Business Development, Product Management and Operations teams to create technical business plans for the partners, including identifying, incubating and implementing Sunbit’s solutions.
The Solutions Architect is a technical and product expert in both the pre and post sales process and a primary driver for internal advancement of customer requirements. He/She provides guidance to our partners to help accelerate their knowledge, solution design and integrations with Sunbit. Ultimately, this individual is responsible for the implementation of Sunbit’s products into customers’ existing architecture and continues to work with them as they scale.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Serve as the technical liaison for customers and partners, reviewing their existing systems and user flows, identify areas where Sunbit could fit in, and assist in scoping out the product and engineering work needed.
- Serve as the key product and technical contact for our customers and partners as they integrate with Sunbit.
- Participate in product and technical discussions and solution deep dives with partners on the value Sunbit can provide to them and/or their clients.
- Engage with our CTO, engineering leads, product leads and other technical leads at key partners to share product roadmaps, demonstrate the latest innovations, and define a solution strategy to expand the partnership revenue.
- Work with external product partners to define the customer journey across integrated platforms.
- Plan and participate in business discussions.
- Provide oversight, guidance and assistance during the partners sales process to ensure mutual success in joint opportunities.
- Educate the Sunbit sales team on key partner solutions and capabilities.
- Serve as an advocate for key partners within specific sales regions and identify areas for sales partnership.
- Influence product direction and priorities.
- Create product and technical content (sample code, demos, etc.) to show partners how to implement specific use cases or best practices.
- Help improve Sunbit’s products, working with product teams to address customer feedback, or if necessary, getting your hands dirty and building solutions yourself.
- Experience in product management or engineering work in production systems.
- 2+ years experience working with customers and/or partners in a customer facing solution development role (as a Solutions Architect, Partner Engineer, Sales Engineer or similar).
- Experience in implementing integration products in medium to large enterprise companies.
- Experience collaborating with product teams to build product roadmaps and define the customer journey.
- An empathetic, collaborative, communicative, and consultative work style.
- Excellent knowledge of web services, APIs, and related standards such as HTTP, REST, and OAuth.
- Ability to do basic code level debugging and troubleshooting client side using tools such as Datadog and OpenSearch
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Intellectual curiosity, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to think on your feet and dive into helping our users and partners with their technical issues.
- Be comfortable talking about technical concepts and explaining how they work, both from a product feature and API architecture perspective.
- Ability to travel.
- Join one of LA’s fastest growing startups (2022), A Most Loved Workplace, and #306 on the 2022 Inc 5000 list
- Mission driven + empowered + collaborative
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, FSA, & Maternity Leave
- Newly added HSA and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan with Matching
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Casual Dress
- Open door policy / Open office floor plan
- Team based strategic planning + Team owned deliverables
How We Pay:
- We believe in paying fairly and equitably based on a number of factors including but not limited to previous experience, relevant work history, interview performance, geographical location, internal equity, and expected level of ownership
- We are targeting a base salary of $150,000-$170,000 for this role
- This role will also be granted company equity via stock options
Cultural Competencies for Success at Sunbit:
- Serve others before self - Service oriented mindset
- Own the impact - Take pride in effectively managing payroll on a daily basis
- Connect genuinely - Effectively connect with internal stakeholders
- Act fast - Respond to internal team members in a timely manner
- Include always - Work closely with Accounting team and actively welcome peers within the organization
- Innovate for good - Continuously help our internal team create efficient processes
Sunbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to provide a professional & welcoming workplace for all employees.