Sr. Financial Analyst
JOB TITLE: Sr. Financial Analyst
LOCATION: Remote - US
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
Sunbit builds financial technology for real life. Our technology eases the stress of paying for life’s expenses by giving people more options on how and when they pay. Founded in 2016, Sunbit offers a next-generation, no-fee credit card that can be managed through a powerful mobile app, as well as a point-of-sale payment option available at more than 16,000 service locations, including 1 in 3 auto dealerships, optical practices, dentist offices, veterinary clinics, and specialty healthcare services. By introducing a flexible way to pay over time, we are proud of our ability to lift up service providers and retailers while helping consumers when necessary expenses arise... regardless of whether they were expected or unexpected. Sunbit was included on the 2022 Inc. 5000 list. The financial technology company has also been named as a Most Loved Workplace®, Best Point of Sale Company, and as a Top Fintech Startup by CB Insights. We use cutting-edge innovations in financial technology to bring leading data and features that allow individuals to be qualified instantly, making purchases at the point-of-sale fast, fair and easy for consumers from all walks of life. We create value focused on our core values; we work tirelessly to ensure that Sunbit becomes available to everyone, everywhere.
Sunbit is proud to be recognized on the CB Insights List of Unicorn Companies, with a valuation of $1.1B. (https://www.cbinsights.com/research-unicorn-companies)
Join us to find your passion and grit—and best of all—contribute to solutions that make life for everyday people better.
Sunbit is looking for an ambitious Senior Financial Analyst to be a key contributor in the financial planning and budgeting process, performing financial analyses throughout the company, and helping guide the executive management team in executing its strategy. This role will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally with all departments of the company, leveraging quantitative insights to drive superior decision-making. In short, this role will allow the candidate to build a robust knowledge base of the fast expanding FinTech space. This role is fully remote but may require occasional visits to the Los Angeles office.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Financial Planning and Analysis
- You will engage with business leaders across Sunbit and deep dive into the nuts and bolts of the Company to develop a robust understanding of the business.
- Manage and enhance existing managerial reporting and dashboard capabilities.
- Track performance against budget and prior period results, identify gaps versus actual results, and provide recommendations to drive improvements.
- Facilitate with managers throughout the company the creation of a deep dive into expenses and vendor costs.
- Performance ad-hoc analyses, define areas of opportunity for improvement, and develop process enhancements in support of assigned business units and divisions.
- Design financial models while structuring data to facilitate easy analysis and scenario planning and incorporate industry research to create insightful guidance tools.
- Develop a firm understanding of how product unit economics and Merchant Lifetime Value drives allocation of company resources.
- Construct various analyses evaluating the composition and performance of loan portfolios.
- Over time, become a key contributor in managing, evaluating and implementing new funding channels (asset backed credit facilities, loan sales, securitizations etc.).
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Finance, Business, Economics, or other quantitative majors.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of applicable experience in corporate FP&A or finance elated roles.
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, and a drive to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives.
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience at a Big 4 audit firm or in financial services isn’t required but would be a plus.
- Experience with programming / visualization platforms (SQL; VBA; Tableau) isn’t required but would be a plus.
What You’ll Gain
- Tremendous upward career trajectory.
- A close-knit and dynamic team environment with a strong unified belief in Sunbit’s mission.
- Work hand in hand with founders and colleagues with an impressive track record of success and diverse backgrounds.
- Competitive compensation w/ equity.
- Join one of LA’s fastest growing startups (2022), A Most Loved Workplace, and #306 on the 2022 Inc 5000 list
- Mission driven + empowered + collaborative
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, EAP, FSA, & Maternity Leave
- Newly added HSA and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan with Matching
- Cell Phone Stipend
- Casual Dress
- Open door policy / Open office floor plan
- Team based strategic planning + Team owned deliverables
How We Pay:
- We believe in paying fairly and equitably based on a number of factors including but not limited to previous experience, relevant work history, interview performance, geographical location, internal equity, and expected level of ownership
- We are targeting a base salary of $105,000 - $115,000 for this role
- This role will also be granted company equity via stock options
Cultural Competencies for Success at Sunbit:
- Serve others before self - Service oriented mindset
- Own the impact - Take pride in effectively managing payroll on a daily basis
- Connect genuinely - Effectively connect with internal stakeholders
- Act fast - Respond to internal team members in a timely manner
- Include always - Work closely with Accounting team and actively welcome peers within the organization
- Innovate for good - Continuously help our internal team create efficient processes
Sunbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to provide a professional & welcoming workplace for all employees.